Let´s read today about Babbel , one of the most widely used applications worldwide to learn languages.
Origins of babbel
Babbel was supported from the beginning by the European Regional Development Fund. Markus Witte and Thomas Holl created it in 2007 as an e-learning platform based on a subscription model without advertising. Since then, there are more than 500 people of 40 different nationalities in its offices (divided between Berlin and New York), honoring the name of the app.
Nowadays, the company has 1 million of paid active users. Additionally, it has achieved prestigious educational awards such as the “Fast Company # 1 Most Innovative Education Company 2016” and the “Awarded Google Play’s Best Apps of 2015 “.
features of babbel
– Lessons are not long. They usually require around 10-15 minutes of your time, so you can learn while you have a break or commute. Hence you can have a routine with daily objectives.
– Babbel synchronizes your progress in any of your connected devices making it easier for you to resume the lessons where you left them.
– Lessons to practice and reinforce everything you have studied previously. Therefore, you can retain what you have learned in a simple way.
– Through speech recognition, you can improve your pronunciation. Additionally, you can also learn to have day-to-day conversations.
The intelligent review system is a very suitable tool for those reluctant to speak in public. It presents the vocabulary already studied at appropriate intervals for you to review it easily. Get comfortable before facing the crowds thanks to voice recognition!
– This app is available for both iOS and Android as well as on its website. Here we can access its two blogs: one is related to the world of language learning, while the other is more technical. The more techie blog´s name is Babbel Bytes about how the app works.
– Finally, it is worth highlighting their subscription plans. They include a specific one for companies (Babbel for Business) and their different learning levels (Beginner and advanced).
Using Babbel you can learn or improve the following languages: English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Polish, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch or Indonesian. Additionally, you can even have a free demo to learn to speak the Spanish spoken by the characters in Narcos, the Netflix series.
Are you ready to learn languages with Babbel? The first lesson of each course is free!
And, if you want to continue discovering the latest news related to foreign language learning apps, you can already do it from our Languages section!